Brewood and Wheaton Aston Federation
Brewood CE Middle School St Mary’s CE First School and Nursery
Tel: 01902 850266 01785 840314
Title of post: Head of School
Salary range L6 – L10
Governors, staff, parents and pupils of St Mary’s CE First School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Head of School for September 2018, to lead our school and to help us achieve our goal of being an outstanding school.
Governors will consider applicants on a secondment for the academic year 2018 – 2019 if this is agreed with their current Head and Governors.
The new Head of School will be expected to have a small teaching commitment in a KS1 or KS2 class.
The Head of School will be a member of the federated Senior Leadership Team and will be well supported by the Executive and Deputy Headteachers. (St Mary’s federated with Brewood CE Middle in 2011).
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding primary practitioner with high expectations of children.
- Have excellent organisational, inter-personal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate, lead and support others.
- Have proven leadership and management skills, drive and ambition for our school to get us to be an ‘Outstanding school’.
- Be highly motivated and able to demonstrate the impact on school improvement within their current leadership role.
- Be committed to working in partnership with all members of the school community and Brewood CE Middle under the direction of the Executive Headteacher.
- Support our Christian ethos.
- Be committed to sharing best practice when we become a member of the St Chad’s Academies Trust.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please contact Mr S Alexander, Office Services Manager on 01785 840314 to arrange.
If you would like to discuss this position please contact Mr D I Swift, Executive Headteacher, at Brewood CE Middle School on 01902 850266.
An application pack is available from the Brewood school website.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 11 June 2018
Interviews will take place week beginning 18 June 2018