The school motto, which was devised by a pupil, is 'Helping each other to do our best' and this is reflected in the following Mission Statement. At St Mary's we:
- Promote Christian values of Forgiveness, Respect, Joy, Hope, Trust, Perseverance and Creativity through our teaching.
- Offer a balanced and broadly based approach to learning.
- Strive to provide a high quality of care where children can feel happy and secure.
- Attach a high priority to strong links between school, home, church and community.
- Endeavour to creative an attractive and welcoming learning environment in which pupils are encourage and supported in the development of their full potential.
- Promote attitudes of mutual respect and responsibility.
- Encourage and reward good behaviour.
- Welcome parental and other volunteer support in our efforts to achieve these goals.